What We’ve Accomplished in SoHo
We don’t need the BID TAX !!
There’s a better alternative …
Thanks to all our neighbors, friends and others who, over the past year, have supported our efforts to find a better way to improve our neighborhood.
Here’s just some of what we’ve accomplished by acting together:
1. Uncovered any number of problems inherent in the proposed SoHo BID plan.
2. Created strong connections with a number of elected officials and political organizations, and obtained their support for our cause.
3. Discovered the underlying conflict between ACE and the overall care of the neighborhood.
4. Worked with Department of Sanitation to address the failure of the City, some local property owners & countless vendors to deal responsibly with trash throughout our neighborhood, a consequence of Broadway becoming a very successful shopping mall.
5. Lobbied for and urged enforcement of vending regulations to bring the sidewalk & street vendor situation under proper control.
6. Exposed the bureaucratic process behind NYC BIDs to be haphazard and without proper oversight.
7. Championed the individual rights of residents, property owners & small businesses in the face of an onslaught from big real estate and retail interests.